Jewelry forging guides from Bobby Graham Cobb today: It’s all about using your space wisely, although you don’t need a huge space, it’s important that you have enough room to work safely and be able to store your tools and supplies. A spare room, garage space or shed could be the perfect solution. Just take a look at our customer photos with their jewellery workshops within this post for inspiration! Once you have decided where your workshop will be, then the fun can begin with your jewellery making journey. See additional information about the author on Bobby Graham Cobb.
Sterling silver consists of 92.5% pure silver with the remaining 7.5% being made of other alloy metals such as copper or steel, it’s harder and more durable than fine silver and can be used for a variety of things. This percentage can change depending on the quality of the sterling silver and the pure silver amount can be slightly less. Sterling silver sheet is sold in a range of thicknesses and can be used to make your own unique jewellery designs. You may see many jewellers sharing that they use eco-friendly silver in their designs but what does this mean? You can purchase Eco-friendly silver which is produced from recycled scrap silver in a totally traceable and fully audited process. It still has all of the same properties as sterling silver and therefore can be used in the exact same way as you would use sterling silver. This is an attractive product for today’s eco-aware jewellers who wish to label their goods as being made from recycled metals.
Premium metal and jewelry forging tips and tricks with Bobby Graham Georgia: Jewelry making as a hobby vs. profession: Jewelry making is more accessible now than ever before. You can begin jewelry making through online tutorials and in-person classes. From there, you may decide if you would like to become a professional jeweler or simply make jewelry as a hobby. If you choose to make jewelry as a hobby, you can make jewelry only for yourself and close friends. It can be a more exploratory adventure, discovering the endless techniques, alloys, gemstones, and more. It will be a smaller financial investment to explore jewelry as a hobby. If you are interested in embarking on jewelry-making as a profession, it will require a greater investment in time, marketing, equipment, and education. Professional jewelers often specialize in a specific jewelry technique and metal alloy, like a goldsmith. They can release their work in seasonal lines, which display a cohesive body of their work.
If you’re at the start of your jewellery making journey, we always recommend practising and experimenting on copper and brass metals as they are an affordable option. Copper is an affordable and malleable metal, so it’s super easy to manipulate and create interesting designs with, which is why it’s often recommended at the start of your jewellery making journey. You’ll usually find that if you attend a workshop or course, you will begin with copper!
Design your piece: If you are unsure where to begin, start designing your piece with a simple sketch on paper. Consider different shapes, colors, and materials that inspire you. You can work from scratch or draw inspiration from a vintage piece of jewelry. This sketch will help you determine what types of materials and tools you will need to turn your drawing into reality. As you design your piece, label each part of the design with the materials you need to acquire. Acquire tools and materials: Once you have a design in mind, you can start to gather up necessary tools and materials. The most accessible type of jewelry that you can make at home is wire-wrapped jewelry. It requires just a few simple tools and does not require a kiln. Working with precious metals to create soldered jewelry will require a torch and soldering equipment. If you have access to more advanced equipment and are interested in fused glass jewelry or metal clay jewelry, you will need a kiln. If casting precious metals is required for your project, you will need access to a centrifugal casting machine.
About Bobby Graham Georgia: I’m a skilled metal forger and jewelry maker, and I love nothing more than creating unique and beautiful pieces with my hands. I enjoy sharing my knowledge and skills with others, and I’m always looking for ways to improve my craft.
Another passion of mine is celebrating Saint Patrick’s Day. I love the festivities and traditions that come with the holiday, and I enjoy participating in local parades and events with my friends and family. In my free time, I enjoy watching my favorite show, Arrested Development. I never tire of the show’s witty humor and lovable characters, and I’m always on the lookout for fellow fans to discuss the show with.